What should I do if I have a problem with my product or need to order a replacement part?
Call Masterbuilt customer service at 1.800.489.1581, Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm EST, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I pre-season my electric smoker before using it for the first time?
First, make sure the water pan is in place with no water in it. Set smoker temperature to 275°F and allow the unit to run for three hours. During the last 45 minutes, add ½ cup of wood chips in the wood chip loader to complete the pre-seasoning process. Power off the smoker and allow it to cool completely. (Note: Never add more than ½ cup of wood chips at a time. Additional chips should not be added until any previously added wood chips have stopped generating smoke.)
How do I pre-season my propane smoker before using it for the first time?
Curing your smoker will rid the unit of manufacturing oils, allowing them to burn off. Pre-season your smoker prior to first use.
- Perform soapy water test (link here).
- Using a napkin or cloth, rub a light coat of cooking oil on smoker racks and inside smoker door. Make sure water pan is in place with NO WATER.
- Fill wood chip tray with up to 1 cup of wood chips and light your smoker. Close door.
- Let the smoker burn for about 1 hour. Make sure temperature reaches 350°F (177°C).
- Allow unit to cool completely.
- Reapply light coat of cooking oil on smoker racks and inside of smoker door.
- Re-light smoker and burn for 20 minutes. * Cure your smoker periodically to prevent excessive rust.
How do you prepare the turkey for frying?
- - The turkey must be completely thawed and dry: rinse the turkey inside and out with warm water or immerse in warm water for no more than 20 minutes while oil is heating
- - Use paper towels to thoroughly dry the inside and outside of the turkey
- - Inject with marinade and/or add dry rub
- - Watch cooking video here: http://mbt.cm/9ttGkF
How long should I fry a turkey?
Fry your turkey for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per lb. The internal temp should be 165 degrees in the breast and 180 degrees in the thigh.
What is the best way to clean my smoker?
When cleaning your smoker, use 50/50 hot water and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and shake well. Use a soft sponge. It is very important not to use harsh chemicals to clean your smoker.